Insights

Smart people. Creative ideas. Amazing results.

We are inspired by problems and opportunities — big and small. If there’s a better way to communicate health information, we are all over it. 

Good ideas are worth sharing. Here are some of ours.
(Check out our blog for more of our latest musings.)

Green Papers

CommunicateHealth periodically posts “green” papers to share our thinking on timely topics related to consumer health and user-centered design.


A Role for Consumer Messaging in Health IT [PDF] 
By Stacy Robison, MPH, MCHES and Xanthi Scrimgeour, MHEd, MCHES

As the best and the brightest among us race to realize the potential of intelligent health IT, we must not lose sight of the person standing on the other side of the finish line: the health care consumer.


When It Comes to Health Information... Plain Language Is Not Enough [PDF] 
By Stacy Robison, MPH, MCHES and Xanthi Scrimgeour, MHEd, MCHES

We recognize that using plain language is not the silver bullet to the problem of limited health literacy. There are other factors to consider when seeking to create lasting behavior change.

Health Literacy Infographic

Only 10 percent of adults have the knowledge and skills needed to understand important information about their health. Our access to health services and informed health decision making are dependent on this information. So what about the other 90 percent?

 

Health Literacy Hackathon

In 2012, CommunicateHealth hosted the first-ever Health Literacy Hackathon. The challenge: create a technology-driven tool to improve how people understand and use health information. In 2013, CommunicateHealth partnered with Hampshire College to sponsor the 2nd Annual Health Literacy Hackathon

Stay tuned for news about the next Hackathon! 

Questions: Email learn@communicatehealth.com