Here at CommunicateHealth, we’re genuinely humbled by and thankful for you, our dear readers.
So this year, we want to make sure you’re ready to show off your health communicator skills at the Thanksgiving table.
- Remind your guests to keep everyone healthy by washing their hands before eating.
- Check out these food safety tips for turkey preparation so you can answer ALL the questions in the kitchen. (Bonus: What finer host gift than a new meat thermometer?)
- Make sure to hand out extra helpings of vegetables.
- Remember to use potholders!
- Express your thanks for the Affordable Care Act. This will surely get ’em talking. Then you can subtly sneak in some health insurance literacy. More deductible, anyone?
- And when folks start dozing off after dinner, let them know they can’t blame the tryptophan in the turkey. It’s not the turkey’s fault.
The bottom line: Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Browse recent posts