Meet the team.
- Stacy Robison, MPH, MCHESPresident, Co-founderA self-proclaimed health literacy geek and an expert in clear communication, Stacy is responsible for leading CommunicateHealth’s content and creative excellence. Since co-founding the company at the age of 30, Stacy has been recognized as an innovative business leader by the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce. She has appeared in the Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Healthcare News, among other media outlets, discussing a variety of issues from entrepreneurship to health behavior change.
- Xanthi Scrimgeour, MHEd, MCHESChief Executive Officer, Co-founderSince co-founding CommunicateHealth in 2009, Xanthi has been driving company strategy and operations, transforming the organization into a nationally recognized multimillion-dollar consulting firm. Under her leadership, CommunicateHealth has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by Entrepreneur and Inc. magazines 3 years in a row. A veteran public health advocate, Xanthi spent 20+ years working on the front lines with state and local health agencies. She draws on this experience to serve a diverse client portfolio that spans Fortune 500 companies and community-based nonprofits.
- Sandy Williams Hilfiker, MAChief Experience Officer, PrincipalSandy joined CommunicateHealth as Principal in 2010, bringing nearly two decades of experience in interactive design for health, usability and message testing, and all types of user research. Sandy is a leading expert in engaging people with limited literacy skills in the user-centered design process. She directs CommunicateHealth’s stellar UX team, delivering value to clients like the CDC, NIH, and the Veterans Health Administration — and simplifying the user experience for millions of healthcare consumers.
- Adam MoormanCreative DirectorAdam is a skilled visual communicator, and he takes pride in his graphic versatility. In his travels he has encountered and conquered: digital (web, email, user interface), branding and identity, traditional print, and design education. Adam’s goal is to provide our clients with a clean, clear, and precise design. Like most of his colleagues, he divides his time between CommunicateHealth’s visual and experience design teams.
- Alana JohnsonCommunication AssociateAlana is a driven community health advocate with a passion for health communication. When she's not coordinating multiple projects and ensuring clear communication across teams, you'll usually find her writing tweets using the latest health-related #hashtags.
- Aleah Goldin, MA, MFAHealth Communication SpecialistAleah pitches in on everything from research and cross-project support to plain language writing. Her varied interests have taken her all over the world — from medical anthropology research to goat-herding in rural Mongolia! We’re thrilled that she’s bringing her passion for global health and her infectious enthusiasm to the CommunicateHealth team.
- Amy Sutter, MHEdDirector of OperationsAmy is the queen of organization at CommunicateHealth. She deftly manages both processes and personalities (we think the Minnesota accent helps) to keep things running smoothly. With a background in public health and a natural talent for operations, she’s the perfect woman for the job.
- Aria BracciCommunication AssociateAria is a communication pro, coming to CommunicateHealth with experience in radio, web, and print journalism. When she’s not coordinating tasks across teams or double-checking deliverables for quality control, Aria contributes pictures (and puns) to CommunicateHealth projects.
- Ayanna WilliamsCommunication AssociateAyanna is a skilled project coordinator who uses her outstanding logistical skills on everything from monthly reports to research recruitment. She’s also a talented Drupal coder with impeccable attention to detail. (What a rock star!) When she’s not chatting about public health, you can catch her bragging about her alma mater — Syracuse University. Go Orange!
- Beth Pellettieri, MPHHealth Communication ManagerBeth is an accomplished project manager with a background in maternal and child health. She’s adept at wrangling large, complex federal contracts, from website redesigns to content development and maintenance. Her superpower? Leading interdisciplinary teams that produce high-quality health communication products — on time and in budget.
- Blythe Miller, MPHEditorBlythe is a gifted health writer and editor (and resident Deadhead) who transforms complicated medical information into original, plain language content. She specializes in sexual health, and her friendly tone and conversational style make this tricky health topic a lot more approachable.
- Caroline Belle Stewart, MFAHealth WriterCaroline is a skilled plain language writer who loves to turn confusing medical jargon into clear, simple content that’s easy to understand. With a background in teaching and social work, she brings a thoughtful, creative approach and a strong sense of empathy for her audience into all of her projects.
- Corinne Berry, MADirector of Communication Research
Corinne is a brilliant health communicator — and a total research geek. With more than a decade of experience in communication consulting, mixed-methods research, and intervention design, she always has her target audience in mind. She's a go-to moderator and skilled research strategist who brings a bit of sunshine to every project.
- David PearlDesign AssociateDavid is a creative thinker with a knack for designing intuitive user interfaces and engaging infographics. Drawing on his experience developing health tech innovations in refugee communities, he always keeps his end user’s needs in mind. In his spare time, you can find him pitching his next app ideas at health hackathons.
- Grace LaChapelleReceptionistWith a degree in Communication and a passion for holistic healing, Grace makes administrative magic happen. She keeps the Northampton office organized and running smoothly with her signature mix of joyful enthusiasm and effortless efficiency. In person or over the phone, Grace’s warm and welcoming personality shines through.
- CH Alumn
- Huijuan Wu, PhD, MS, MEngSenior Usability ResearcherHuijuan is an experienced researcher dedicated to making health information technology intuitive for all audiences. She conducts user research and then helps translate it — applying user-centered design principles to health care websites, tools, and technology.
- Jason MorrisFront End Web DeveloperJason is a front-end developer who prides himself on creating clean, responsive, intuitive websites. While he accepts (and even embraces) the constantly changing landscape of web development, he always stays focused on the essentials — keeping sites fast and accessible for all users on an increasing variety of devices.
- Jeff Lee, MSWeb DeveloperJeff provides essential back-end application development and database support for our products — the behind-the-scenes work that users rely on, even when they don’t know it. Jeff is devoted to meeting industry best practices and increasing efficiency in our work — and happy to be part of a team advancing public health.
- Jenna Paulsen, MFADesign AssociateJenna is a seasoned administrative professional with a background in art and design. She wears many hats — whether she’s designing for print or web, planning events, solving IT issues, or just keeping staff on track, Jenna is there to help with a smile.
- Jocelyn CozzoFront End Web DeveloperJocelyn champions progressive enhancement and builds websites that are simple, elegant, and accessible across devices. She takes advantage of the latest features to enrich the user experience whenever possible. We’re pretty sure she dreams in code.
- Kat Good-Schiff, MFASenior Content ManagerA technical writer and a poet, Kat applies best practices of health literacy, health education, and plain language to content development and maintenance for federal, private, and nonprofit clients. Whether it’s a series of fact sheets or hundreds of pages of web content, she’s always looking for editorial consistency and alignment with content strategy.
- Katie CheungHealth Communication ManagerKatie’s dedication to the principles of public health makes her a fantastic asset to our team — as does her experience in community-based research, data analytics, and health writing. She supports content and research projects to make sure things run smoothly and the end product exceeds user (and client!) expectations.
- Katrina Lanahan, MPHSenior Health Communication ManagerKatrina synthesizes user research findings and health behavior theory to create clear, actionable content. Her passion is creating that aha moment when a reader thinks, “I can do that!” Katrina has a background in research, program management, and curriculum development.
- Kelsey JordanHealth Education SpecialistKelsey assists the team with health writing, health research, usability testing... and just about everything else. Her studies in public health, gender theory, and Spanish fuel her passion for empowering vulnerable populations to make healthy decisions.
- Kim Smith, CHESSocial Media and Outreach CoordinatorKim’s our resident social butterfly, leading our social media and digital outreach activities with a smile. She’s always looking for new ways to leverage the power of social media to start conversations about health. When she's not looking for the next big #PubHealth hashtag, Kim also crafts clear, compelling plain language health content for consumer and professional audiences.
- Laura Willwerth, MA, MFAHealth WriterLaura is a talented plain language writer who enjoys turning complicated health information into approachable, friendly content. With a background in creative writing and teaching, she approaches all her projects with a focus on clear communication and actionable messages.
- Lizzie Barnett, ScDSenior Health Communication ResearcherLizzie is a Harvard-trained researcher and seasoned public health professional on a mission to create healthier communities. She excels at leading health promotion research initiatives, from developing measurement tools and mixed methods protocols to synthesizing and translating research findings. If you think she looks serious, it’s because tackling big public health issues is no laughing matter.
- Luisa RamirezCommunication AssociateLuisa is passionate about using health education to empower people to make healthy choices. With a background in global health, she has experience working on health campaigns with diverse populations. At CommunicateHealth, Luisa helps our project teams stay organized by coordinating tasks and facilitating communication among team members.
- Mareika PhillipsWeb and Graphic DesignerMareika is an accomplished design professional with diverse experience — ranging from hand-drawn typography and illustration to web and user experience design. Her visual solutions are always innovative — a reflection of her passion for aesthetics balanced with sharp strategic insight.
- Margaret YoungbergAdministrative AssociateMargaret is at home keeping as many administrative plates spinning as possible. We think it may have something to do with her background in physics and music… She’ll happily fix your internet connection while answering the phone, getting invoices out the door, and explaining how an FSA works (again).
- Matt AllenDirector of TechnologyMatt leads our stellar team of front- and back-end developers. He's passionate about user-centered design and emerging trends in web and mobile technologies. Matt draws on his experience in web development and accessibility standards to create clean, intuitive websites that make his clients (and us) happy.
- Megan Lewis Freedman, MA, MCHESProject DirectorMegan is our leading content strategist and a veteran CommunicateHealth team member. She directs the development, maintenance, and subject matter expert review of several award-winning federal government websites. Megan also writes, edits, and evaluates plain language print and web content.
- Michael Godin, MSWeb DeveloperMike’s responsible for transforming CommunicateHealth’s original ideas and designs into accessible, high-performance applications for the web. He’s worked in government, industry, and non-profit realms on topics ranging from environmental risk management to underwater robotics.
- Ochen Kaylan, JDSenior Web DeveloperOchen is a key player in back-end development — the magic that makes our websites and online tools tick. While he’s worked in web development and design for over 15 years, his resume is also dazzling in its variety. Ochen has professional experience in many fields, including design, journalism, and law.
- Rachel Pryzby, MPH, CHESSenior Health Communication ManagerRachel’s public health experience, most recently with CDC, has made her a savvy health communicator and project manager. Much of her work has focused on developing better communication strategies to improve sexual and reproductive health. You can usually find Rachel writing content, leading strategy sessions, or geeking out about the latest public health research.
- Rachel Oziel, MPHHealth Communication SpecialistRachel is passionate about building healthier communities by creating health information that people can understand and use. When she’s not assisting the team with project management and research tasks, you can find her at community photo shoots for CommunicateHealth's new stock image website, Picture Public Health.
- Rebecca WrightContent StrategistRebecca believes that everyone has the right to health information they can understand. With a thoughtful approach grounded in user-centered design and health literacy best practices, she creates clear, engaging plain language health materials that are accessible to low-literacy audiences — and a pleasure to read for everyone else.
- Sami Cohen, MPHHealth Communication ManagerWith joie de vivre, Sami provides cross-project support with her sharp plain language writing skills and keen sense of the research process. Her passion for public health policy and social justice shines through in her work.
- Sarah Pomerantz, MPH, CPHProject DirectorSarah is passionate about environmental justice. And it’s a good thing, because she directs our environmental health work. It’s Sarah’s job to oversee the research, design, and development of stellar communication products — for professionals and the public. She’s also a data nerd, lending her expertise to national initiatives like DATA2020.
- Sarah Nagaratnam, MPHInformation Designer/Health Communication SpecialistSarah has a background in both public health and design, and she applies her interdisciplinary skills to create health communication tools and websites that excel in both form and function. Her goal on every project is to create something that audiences will not just learn from, but genuinely enjoy using.
- Sean Arayasirikul, MSPH, PhD Candidate, CHESSenior Health Communication ResearcherSean is a social and behavioral researcher who studies how racial, ethnic, and other minority populations make complex decisions about their health care. He’s committed to a “high-touch, high-tech” approach to our websites and digital tools — creating cutting-edge tech that’s approachable and empowering.
- Stacy Allen, MSHealth Communication ManagerStacy is a skilled project manager and usability researcher. She is dedicated to making public health resources accessible to everyone, particularly to underserved populations. As a content manager at CommunicateHealth, she oversees the development of the Spanish-language content for healthfinder.gov and contributes to several usability research efforts.
- Susan Pagani, MFAHealth WriterSusan loves the process of whittling complex ideas and information down to their best selves — brief, clear, and actionable. With a background in journalism, Susan lives for a good story. She brings humor and creativity to each of her writing projects — delighting clients and colleagues alike.
- Vicki ChapmanFront End DeveloperWith more than 15 years of experience in front-end web development, Vicki is well-versed in modern technologies and web standards, including responsive design best practices. Her background in art gives her a keen visual eye and helps her create websites that are attractive, user-friendly, and accessible.
- We ♥ Health LiteracyLike what you just read? Sign up for We ❤ Health Literacy and get our weekly email full of practical health literacy tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox.
Meet our partners.
Janna R. White
Janna creates stylish, accessible, and grammatically correct content that any reader will appreciate. She is the founder of Janna R. White Content and Editing, the co-editor of a book on contemplative science forthcoming with Yale University Press, and a total word nerd. She’s our resident copyeditor in shining armor.
Noah Smith co-founded Common Media in 2007 after completing a Master’s degree in Computer Science at Tufts University. Since then, Noah has built Common Media into an award-winning web development firm. Noah’s primary responsibilities are business development, solutions architecture, and company-wide technical direction.
Kelly is an uber-talented graphic designer with over 20 years of experience — and we're stoked to have her on our team. Clients dig Kelly's uncanny ability to develop brand identities that capture the essence of an organization or issue. And we dig her laid-back style and boundless creative energy.
Morgan has spent his career in health communication, most recently as a content guru at CH, and before that as reporter and editor with WebMD. His ongoing mission: to root out baffling medical jargon wherever he can and to create guidance that’s both compassionate and clear.